Comms 101 will provide training to twenty early-career underrepresented VCs on the fundamentals of brand-building. The program will consist of three 1-hour sessions, hosted virtually in late February and March (see the program schedule below.)
Speakers will include:
PR professionals, in-house VC communications leaders, experienced VCs with strong public brands, and members of the media. Confirmed speakers (with more to come):
This program is intended for VCs who:
- Are early in their careers (e.g. 1-3 years of investing experience; role as emerging VC fund manager, associate or analyst at an established VC firm, etc.).
- Represent a demographic group that is historically underrepresented in venture capital (e.g. by gender, race/ethnicity, geography, etc.).
- Are seeking to develop their personal brand and communication skills within a professional context.
- Can commit to attending ALL three sessions of the program.
Please Note: This program is limited to investment professionals, as the training content is curated specifically to VC investors. To create a safe environment for participants to actively engage in the training, any recordings of the program will NOT be shared (which is also a reason applicants must be able to attend all 3 sessions as scheduled).
All sessions will be hosted virtually, from 10:00 – 11:00 am PT.
- Fri. Jan. 15– Deadline to apply (11:59 pm PT)
- Mon. Feb. 8 – Applicants notified about acceptance
- Tues. Feb. 23 – 101 Session #1 – Building Your Brand – Training
- Thurs. Feb. 25 – 101 Session #2 – Building Your Brand – Investors Interview and Q&A
- Fri. Mar. 5 – Session #3: Meet the Press (Combined Comms 101 + 201 session)
How to Apply:
Apply by completing a Comms 101 application by 11:59 pm PT, Friday, Jan. 15.
Please Note: If you are further along in your career or have already had some degree of communications training or experience, you may want to consider our more advanced offering: Comms 201: Media Training for Emerging Voices in VC.