LP Office Hours (LPOH) are half-day workshops that connect emerging managers from historically underrepresented backgrounds with Limited Partners (LPs), experienced General Partners (GPs), and each other.
Each LPOH event begins with an educational component, and then breaks out into several rounds of “office hours” – curated small-group and 1:1 conversations between the emerging managers and the experienced GPs and LPs.
The goal of LPOH is to foster open and collaborative dialogue, and to provide a safe space for historically underrepresented emerging managers to seek guidance and advice from leaders in the field. Through intimate conversations with LPs and experienced GPs, emerging managers get to learn about the nuances of fundraising, GP-LP relationship management, and other guidance for success as a VC from the LP’s perspective.
Please note: this is not a pitching event. To ensure that all participants get the opportunity to meaningfully interact with the experienced GPs and LPs, participation is strictly limited to approximately 25 people. These events are specifically intended for emerging managers (no further than raising a second fund), from backgrounds that are historically underrepresented in the venture capital industry.
The last LPOH took place in Chicago on May 19, 2022. Learn more.
If you’re an experienced GP or LP interested in holding office hours, please email Maryam Haque at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact to date:
- 4 programs held in 2018 and 2019 (Palo Alto, Boston, Washington, DC, and Los Angeles)
- 2 virtual programs in 2021 (funds of funds focus in June and foundation and endowment focus in November).
- Returned to in-person programming in 2022 (Chicago)
- Participant demographics for latest program:
- 86% people of color
- 76% based outside CA, MA & NY
- 48% women
- 175 emerging fund manager participants to date
- 76 LP and 37 experienced GP office hour hosts
- 309 one-on-ones and 198 small roundtable discussions facilitated