Guidance and Best Practices for Investors on Diversity & Female Entrepreneurship is a report published by the British Venture Capital and Private Equity Association.
The report was commissioned by the Alison Rose Review and HM Treasury, and includes tactical guidance for investors to create an inclusive pipeline and portfolio. It was inspired by broad recognition in the investment community that diverse and inclusive portfolios have substantially lower risk and better performance.
High-level, the report recommends:
- Implementing specific tactics to recruit diverse talent to your investment firm
- Adopting specific practices to create an inclusive culture at your investment firm
- Using tried-and-tested strategies to remove bias from the investment process
- Engaging with portfolio companies using validated tools and tactics
- Signing up to the Diversity VC standard